“Excellence in engineering education, research and extension; committed to progressive transformation and global relevance of Philippine Agriculture and Industry.”
- To educate future innovative leaders in chemical engineering and related fields.
- To contribute to the body of knowledge in chemical engineering and related fields through research towards technological development.
- To serve the people through involvement in government, industry, and community services.
Program Educational Objectives
The BS Chemical Engineering program aims to produce graduates who:
- Excel in chemical engineering practice and allied fields.
- Practice chemical engineering profession with integrity, social responsibility, ethical, and environmental awareness.
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and multicultural endeavors with open-mindedness, leadership, and good workmanship through community involvement and participation in professional organizations.
- Pursue lifelong learning for continued development of career skills
UP's Philosophy of Education and Graduate Attributes
A UP education seeks to produce graduates imbued with an abiding sense of responsibility to their people and nation, the skills and mindsets to improve human life, and a commitment to the freedom and welfare of all.
Aside from mastery of knowledge in their specific disciplines, UP graduates must possess breadth of mind, strength of character, and generosity of spirit, fostered by a firm grounding in both the arts and sciences, and such specialist courses as their programs may require.
They must be prepared to inclusively engage with society and the world at large, mindful of their people’s needs and capabilities, and keen to the challenges and opportunities of national development in this century of rapid global change.
UP aims to achieve this through its General Education program, one that develops mind, body and spirit, which familiarizes all its students with their culture and history and fosters a sense of shared citizenship, while equipping them with critical
thinking, discernment and technical skills they will need to excel in their chosen professions.